(Photo by Lamar Jones of Anniston, AL )The train depot is one of only two buildings in Albertville on the National Register of Historic Places. The Albertville Depot, also known as L&N Railroad Depot, was built by the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railway in 1892, one year after the town was incorporated. The depot is one of the only structures in Albertville to survive the tornado of 1908.
Passenger service ended in the 1940s, although the depot remained in use for freight. Although the NC&StL was purchased by the Louisville and Nashville Railroad in 1880, the two companies operated separately until 1957. The depot was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on February 20, 1975. The building was renovated for use as a senior center in the mid-1990s. A former L&N caboose houses the Albertville Museum.