The brilliant sunset colors dance above the calm waters of Weiss Lake, upon the banks of which rests the town of Cedar Bluff. Constructed in the early 1960's to serve as a reservoir for hydro-electric power generation, the lake occupies over 30,200 acres and has nearly 450 miles of shoreline. It is surrounded by forest-covered mountains, an array of beaches, and natural scenic views. Many enjoy touring the area by boat, while others appreciate the ideal sporting and fishing conditions.
Take a look at what Cedar Bluff has to offer!
- Affordable lake side living on the scenic, 30,200 acre Weiss Lake, named one of America's Best Crappie Lakes by Outdoor Life;
- Located in Northeast Alabama's Cherokee County, Cedar Bluff residents enjoy an easy drive to Atlanta, Birmingham, Chattanooga, and Huntsville;
- Cedar Bluff's K-12 school has been named in U.S. News and World Report as on of the "Best High Schools" in our nation;
- Plenty of opportunities to get involved in community service organizations, women's clubs, the Cherokee Rose Garden Club, and local government;
- Higher education available through Jacksonville State University, Gadsden State Community College, Shorter College, Berry College, Coosa Valley Technical Community College, Snead State College, and Northeast Alabama Community College - all within a 35 mile radius;
- An abundance of natural recreational resources in the area, where you can rock climb at Cherokee Rock Village, kayak Terrapin Creek, or take a leisurely drive along the canyon through Little River National Preserve;
- Historic sites to explore including Cedar Bluff's Cornwall Furnace, once of the best preserved of the civil War period, and ways to get involved in activities at the nearby Cherokee Historical Museum.
- A real Town Park where neighbors gather to hunt Easter Eggs, celebrate America at Liberty Day, see the lighting of the Christmas Tree, and dance at an End of the Summer Concert.
- Places to get away from it all at public and private docks, marinas, and campgrounds.
Map / Address
- (256) 779-6121